The L.E.A.D. program aims to provide Human Resources and Management students with opportunities to learn and gain perspective for their future careers, while offering organizations dynamic, hard-working candidates.
With 2 groups of 4 students, one HR and one Management, candidates get the opportunity to work for firms in their field of choice while still being in a learning environment.
Benefits for Students
- Gain hands-on experience working in your field of study
- Build and broaden your professional network before graduating
- Focus your career path by narrowing down your preferred domain
- Enter the workforce aware and ready to address current, real-world HR and Management issues firms are facing
- Put classroom theory into practice, adopting learned concepts to reality
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market upon graduation
Benefits for Organizations
- Receive HR solutions and fundamental HR frameworks for free or at a small fee
- Obtain fresh, new perspectives on your current organizational issues
- Receive assistance from committed students on upcoming projects
- Get first pick on up and coming talent
- Give back to the community by supporting a non-profit, student-run organization dedicated to enhancing students’ educational experiences
- Gain exposure
This program allows students to apply to be a Human Resource Manager or a Manager for a day, where one student from each major will be selected to shadow a manager in a Montreal-based firm.
The many benefits of this initiative include:
- An opportunity for the most qualified, motivated, and passionate students to be able to work alongside a current manager in their field of study
- The student will get a feel for the culture and expectations of the job
- Companies will be promoted in a positive way
- A tremendous opportunity for students to grow and achieve long-term benefits